Sunday, June 28, 2015

Week 68

Made more solid progress on the cabinets during week 2 of vacation. They're now close to done. Countertop is in place & cabinet doors have been hung:


For reference, the entire thing is 12 feet long, and has 7 cabinet doors along the long side.

I'm very happy with how the counter has turned out:


I'm going to go ahead & level the uneven places out with a block plane after all. 

AJ helped me brainstorm what to do about the cabinet doors. I settled on maps mounted on cardboard in a wooden frame:


In addition to finishing the counters, there are some other final odds & ends, and then I will do something drawer-like with the cubby holes in the square shelf thing on the short side. So far, I've spent about 40 hours on it, and about $40 -- I had to buy hardware for the doors and some more wood glue, but everything else I already had lying around.

Next up: finishing this project & moving all the brewing stuff to its new home!

* * *

Update: When I looked the other day, there were a handful of fava beans ready to go, and a bunch more snap peas. We just went out to get them for dinner, & this is all we found:


You're welcome, nighttime critters!

No comments:

Post a Comment