Sunday, June 14, 2015

Week 66

I am now officially on vacation. Let the cabinets begin!

This weekend, I started by moving some things I have been storing on this four foot high work bench that the construction guys had built to fabricate the kitchen counter, and then removed the work bench entirely.

Here is the before:



Pickles helped, as usual, by chewing a bully stick:



Then I cleaned up the dust and dirt, sorted the lumber, and set in place this cube shelf thing that a neighbor gave us:



The counter that I will build on top of the cabinets will be L-shaped, and this cube thing will be the short end of the L.

Ready to go for tomorrow morning! 

Before I cleaned up for the night, I did one additional project -- I made a taiko practice drum for AJ:


It's packing tape over the tire that was left in the house when we moved in, fixed to the top of a broken stool I picked up on the sidewalk for this very purpose. The idea -- from The Atlanta Taiko Project -- is that it is more taiko drum-like than the practice pad AJ currently uses, but it's much quieter than an actual taiko drum. 

Tomorrow, I will start building the cabinets!

2 comments:

  1. Does vacation mean we get an update everyday?! Wheee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Exciting vacation projects require daily updates!!

    ReplyDelete