Sunday, July 5, 2015

Week 69

Cabinets: done!

On Saturday, I leveled out the countertop, using a block plane:



There are other types of planes that are better suited for this kind of task, but I'm trying to limit the amount of equipment I'm buying -- this is considered somewhat all purpose, and it was able to get the job done. Certainly, the army of hamsters that AJ has always wanted will be happy with the volume of shavings it produced:



After that, I plugged gaps and filled holes, and then sanded the whole thing down. On Sunday, I sealed it with polyurethane, added magnet closures to the cabinet doors, and then moved all the brewing equipment and beer bottles in:


Done!

Next up: More cleaning and rearranging of things in the garage to tidy up the space and make it more usable. Also, waterproofing and mouseproofing in the front left corner of the garage, 

No comments:

Post a Comment