Monday, May 25, 2015

Week 63

This week, we discovered that the mice are back! We spent Sunday patching mouse holes and cleaning up after the mouse party.

Pickles was no help in any of the mouse endeavors, & completely failed to detect that they were back. In fact, it's clear they have been back for a while, this time invading through AJ's office. I see that she was busted back down to Private in October for dereliction of duty, so I'm not sure what to do. Admiral AJ suggested that she should be kicked out of the Rodent Roundup entirely, but that seems harsh to me. Maybe we'll just put her on potato peeling duty for a while.

I also had to find a way to stake the favas this weekend, despite the fact that I can't seem to make myself go to the store to get bamboo stakes. The spring wind had knocked down one of the plants, which are now three feet high, so I had to just make something work (AJ suggests you click to make this bigger..."you really have to see it to believe it," she says):


A jumble of rebar, pvc pipe, bamboo, threaded steel earthquake tiedowns, and bundles of reed. AJ made me promise to include this in this post:




Hey, whatever works, I say!

Next up: I will be taking a couple weeks of vacation in June. In addition to sleeping late (yes, that means 7am) and sitting around drinking coffee in my jammies, I also plan to build cabinets &/or shelves for the Duserhaus. Time to start drawing up plans & start moving stuff around in the garage so that I can jump right into the project on day 1!

2 comments:

  1. That staking job is genius. True genius.
    Really, though. It's time to get a kitten. Or two. Dr. P would never eat a tiny kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Pickles--on KP duty. Get it together, Pickles!!!

    Also: I concur that the rig for the favas is amazing. I clicked on the picture and they are very tall. I suspect a wandering salesman took your cow for market in exhange for magic beans that we will soon be able to climb to a giant's home in the clouds.

    Yay for time off in June! & cabinets!

    ReplyDelete