Sunday, May 31, 2015

Week 64

Busy with summer session starting up for school, so only little doings this week.

More mousing. Pickles has redeemed herself, ferociously chasing a tiny baby mouse out of the treadmill on Friday night:


It ran straight into my closet. Pickles was very helpful the next day, as well, while I was trying to figure out whether it was still in there. It wasn't. I think I've figured out how to keep the intruders confined to the kitchen and AJ's office until I have time to start to plug up the holes in the garage, which is how they're getting into the house in the first place.

On Saturday, I finally put our clothesline back up:


I set it up by putting up two cleats on either side of the yard, so that we can easily take it down when we're not using it.

On Sunday, I made some ricotta cheese with some milk that was about to go off:


I used too much lemon juice, so it ended up with a very desserty flavor. Which isn't all bad. I also saved the whey for pickling.

Lastly, 30 Days of Health for Lyon-Martin is now complete! With generous donations from Jhames, Mama O'Brien, Momma Arave, Jenna, AJ, and a couple people from work, we are donating $330 to help the clinic keep up its vital work in the community. If you wanted to donate, but time got away from you, it's not too late -- you can still donate through my fundraising page: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/christinedesrosiers/30-days-of-health-2015  Thank you all for your support of my project! My back is feeling much better, by the way, and I am planning to continue working on my posture, to make sure things stay in good working order.

Next week: more preparations for Duserhaus Cabinets 2015!


1 comment:

  1. You're, like, hecka handy. Like, renaissance handy. Mice! Clotheslines! Ricotta! You got this!

    ReplyDelete