Saturday, September 15, 2012

Birthday!

Friday was the most important day of the year: my birthday!

Adrienne threw me the dinner party of dinner parties: Breakfast for Dinner, featuring Rochette's should-be-famous-they're-so-good bean recipe from Lowell, & several of the best people ever born.

Here are some photos:

The beans go in the slow cooker with a bunch of salt pork & a tiny bit of ketchup. Nine hours later: magic!

The vegetarian-friendly version.

Scrambling is in your future.

English muffins!

Fancy butter!

Champagne!

Sugar cubes & bitters for champagne cocktails!

Susie & I having lively conversation in the kitchen. I am wearing my excellent new pitbull-with-a-halo t-shirt that Amanda & Matt gave me.

Zoey had fun at the party too, working to get some biscuits out of a toy.

For the non-champagne-inclined, gin & sodas with borage flower ice cubes.

The cooking begins!

I was in such heaven with the meal that I forgot to take photos of it before we had devoured everything. Including the gorgeous steamed pudding that Paul made for dessert! How tragic!

Here is something else that Paul (& Susie!) made:

A special birthday edition of Mr Pickles ginger beer! 

I also received a bounty of flowers from Robin.

A good time was had by all. Thank you for celebrating my birthday with me, everyone! Thank you for throwing such a great party, Adrienne! And thank you for all your hard work cleaning up the aftermath:

1 comment:

  1. Thumbs up! I can testify a good time was had by me and Matt Williams. And those beans! Sooooooo delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete