Monday, August 31, 2015

Garage almost finished...still

Got lots done in the garage this week, but also came up with more ideas of things to do. I think I should just go ahead and accept that the garage will never actually be totally done, but at least it's fully usable & more or less tidy at this point.

I just about finished using The Stuff I Saved on the other half of the wall in the DuserHaus:



Here's the full wall:



I also cut down some more of the wood left over from construction into quarter-inch-thick strips and added them to the outside of the DuserHaus, to mimic a Japanese shoji screen:



The edges of the paper are still exposed along the vertical lines in the picture. I don't think I want to use more wood to finish them off like an actual shoji would have, because it seems like it's going to be too square-ish, so I'm trying out some narrow black paper strips:



You can see in those pictures that there is one panel on the wall that is a map -- that allowed me to tie in to the maps inside the DuserHaus, while cleanly dealing with the one gap between the studs that was too wide for my roll of rice paper.

Over Labor Day weekend, I may go back to the black paper strips. Or, if we're feeling ambitious, we may actually attempt to replace a couple shingles on the (flat part) of the roof...



No comments:

Post a Comment