Thursday, June 21, 2012

One White Door

We're not really ready to sort out what colors we want to paint the rooms, but we know we're ready for the wood paneling & mauve trim to go, so we bought a bunch of white paint recently.

I don't know why I felt like painting at 7pm on a Thursday night was a good idea, but those cans of paint have just been calling out to me & I couldn't resist doing just one door.

I chose one of the bathroom doors because I think it will unlock a mystery: The tile on the bathroom walls is a pale yellow, & the tile on the floor is a sandy mauve sort of color. The mauve trim obviously really pulls out the mauve in the tile, so it's been tough to visualize what other colors the walls could be (currently off-white) when the mauve-on-mauve effect is so strong. I like white trim in a bathroom anyway, but I also figured that painting it would break the Total Mauve Effect & allow us to think up other ideas for the walls more easily.

Here's the door that hasn't been painted yet. There's the sink in the corner for color reference.



And here's the newly white door, against the floor & wall tiles.



It's low odor paint, but it's still a little stinky. I didn't think of that. It's 10:20pm and Adrienne is out at a movie. I don't think she's going to be too satisfied with the smell when she gets home & tries to go to sleep in an hour. Oops! Sorry, Adrienne!

1 comment:

  1. Who cares about sleep when a door looks that friggin' gorgeous?!

    ReplyDelete