Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Little Pseudo-Decorating

Finally getting around to a couple decorating projects. Well, the word 'decorating' might be a stretch -- maybe more like 'continuing to move in.'

When we first arrived, we talked about getting a plastic film to put over the bedroom window, to do something about the "view."



Finally got one this week, & got it up there last night!


In the front room, I have been wanting to put up some curtains for weeks & weeks, because when I work from home, the light in the morning is just a little much. Done!


I was sent two very nice framed pictures for the walls this week. Maybe that's what caused this flurry of activity, actually!

Here are nine vintage postcards of Historic Lowell, Massachusetts, on the left. (On the right is a hand screen-printed poster protesting Arizona's racial profiling law that I got at a protest.)


And here is a framed photo of the Boott Mills in Lowell, on the right:

On the left, that's a drawing of Jack Kerouac & a kitten, also a Lowell thing. Kerouac, not the kitten. And also sent several years ago by the same generous people!

We finally got a better shoes-off-household doorway solution, as well -- the pile of shoes & slippers inside the front room was a little out of control.



Lastly, we put Zoey's certificates up on the wall above her den:



And here she is, basking in her own glory:


1 comment:

  1. Good stuff! You are inspiring me to get my ass into gear to put up my own decorations that are currently languishing in boxes. Someday. Maybe...

    I can't wait to put my slippers up in that cubby!

    ReplyDelete