Sunday, January 4, 2015

Week 43, and Happy New Year!

Mr. Bunkport sent some guys over to do a little work this week. First, they scrubbed the concrete floor clean of all the construction junk that has accumulated over the past months:



Second, they brought in a custom fabricated bathroom cabinet, made from an old pallet. Here it is with the concrete counter on top, and the sink:



It comes complete with the carpenter's drawing taped inside:



The height needs to be adjusted, the surface sealed, and a backsplash poured, but this is pretty much what it's going to look like.

As for me, I spent a couple hours on Saturday cleaning and organizing the garage, getting everything out of the storage lump I mentioned last week, and into some semblance of order. Also, I realized that the 4-inch-deep space on the left of the fence/wall at the bottom of the outside stairs (the project I started last week) would make a great hidden storage cabinet for garden tools and plant food boxes, so I got the hardware for that. This is the space I mean:


I spent Sunday doing yet more mouse-proofing. These little guys are unbelievably wily. Pickles was of great assistance in making sure that none of them had nested anywhere inside the house.

Next week: I hope to finish the fence/wall/secret-cabinet project, and Mr. Bunkport's guys are going to come to do some more work on the bathroom.

Lastly, and most importantly, Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. I love a tiny 4" cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That floor is looking good. Also, I say do not adjust the cabinet. I say, have them make you a fancy step-stool that hangs on the side of the cabinet. Okay. Maybe that is impractical.

    ReplyDelete