Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Bottling The Rose Wine

Waaaay back in May 2013, I started making a batch of rose wine from the roses in the yard. Please click here if you need to refresh your memory.

This week it was finally time to bottle it!

First I unwrapped the mummy:

Wrapped up to avoid light damage.


It was a lovely golden color:

A whole gallon of yum!


Then the bottling:

Oops, I might have "accidentally" sampled some when I started the siphon!

I did pour a little into a glass to taste & to share with AJ:

Sweet! Delicious!

Might be too sweet for a normal evening at home, but I think it will end up being a nice dessert wine. We'll find out in about three months, after this has aged just a bit more.

Posts have been few & far between over the past few months, because we just haven't been doing that many projects. This weekend is going to change that, however: we're beginning The Big Project. Stay tuned for excitement!

1 comment: