Sunday, February 10, 2013

Garage & Garden

Spring has sprung, & today is Chinese New Year -- that makes for a perfect weekend for more garden & cleanup projects around Mars!

Finished cleaning out the small room in the garage, & rolled out that carpet I found last weekend while cleaning out The Room That Time Forgot. Now Zoey has a nice big space to play & get exercise.

We've taught her to chase that beach ball & tag it with her nose.

I also finally got around to putting together some storage shelves that I got on crazy sale last month:


The wood in front of the shelves is my half-completed raised bed for the garden, made with lumber Mr. Bunkport, our contractor, left here after completing various projects last year. I'm going to plant pumpkins in it next month.

Lastly, I worked on the garden -- I dug some compost & peat moss in, to start to improve the soil & help loosen up the clay, & then got the first seeds in the ground. Here's what I'm growing this year:


I also put the planters back up on the back & front porches -- arugula on the back, and beets, arugula, lettuce, & spinach on the front. My stomach is growling already!

1 comment:

  1. Lookin' good! Can't wait for for Mars Produce to open in the spring!

    ReplyDelete