Sunday, October 7, 2012

Combatting The Scourge of Pink Trim

This weekend, after realizing that we've been here for nearly a year & still are surrounded by pink trim in every room but one, I dedicated myself to eradicating it. After 18 hours and a gallon & a half of paint, I am about 2/3 of the way there (wow, there are a lot of doors in this house).

Bathroom & part of my office -- done!


Also took a few minutes to fix the squeaking towel racks & the irritatingly un-level toilet paper holder.

Hall -- done!


Apologies for not squaring & color-adjusting these photos. I am too pooped to fuss with them, so please bear with me.

Living room -- nearly done!


Dining room -- half done!


Getting behind that black heater in the corner on the right is going to be a nightmare. After that, and about six more doors, the rest of the house should be smooth sailing. I'm going to try to squeeze in some shorter sessions after work this week & see how far I can get before another trip to the East Coast this weekend.

Someday we'll actually also put color on the walls. In the meantime, the wall color that seemed so old and grimy next to the pink, looks fresh & lemony next to the white, so we'll make do just fine for a while longer.

While I was painting today, Adrienne spent several hours working out in the back yard. By the time I finished up, it was already dark, so this is the best picture I could take:


It does look terrific back there. Sorry for the poor reportage, Adrienne!

Meanwhile, today was the end of Fleet Week, when the Navy comes to town, & the Blue Angels scream overhead all across the city for 4 hours every afternoon. It's known for scaring the living daylights out of pets (& often, also their people), so we weren't sure what to expect with Zoey. Happily, after living on an Air Force base for 9 months with her foster mom, jets don't seem to be a problem for her. She didn't even raise her head from her nap on any of the days they were up there.

And today she was all too happy to help me, putting a nice stripe on her leg by brushing up against a freshly painted door jamb. 


1 comment: