Thursday, May 18, 2017

More progress in the yard

Made some more progress in the yard this past week.

Used some left over gravel to edge the walkway:




After much hand-wringing, I decided to not go whole hog with a vegetable garden this year. So much work! After finishing school, all I want to do on the weekends is goof off. So, why not?

AJ trimmed back the jade in the front yard this weekend -- I grabbed some of those trimmings and planted them in the vegetable bed, along with some wildflower seeds. No longer looks like a dust patch:



But of course I do have my peas. And they're very happy, especially with this piece of corrugated steel behind them, adding light and heat (although obviously not in late afternoon, when I took the photo):



Lastly, the hanging chair arrived:



AJ approves:

Next, a few more plants for that bare spot in the triangle bed on the right of the brick path, and for a bare spot to the left. Then we can call the yard done!

(for now...)

2 comments:

  1. Y'ALL!!! That chair is the best. I'll be in AJ's suitcase when she comes back from cville in June. See you then!

    ReplyDelete