Saturday, April 9, 2016

House guest

Last weekend, we had a house guest: the one and only StarrhillGirl, who AJ has known for 30 years, and who is a follower and frequent commenter on this blog.

Pickles, as usual, did her best to be a good host. For example, after the bed was made, she immediately swooped in to perform turndown service:


Thanks, Pickles!

We spent the weekend relaxing and enjoying the warm weather. While StarrhillGirl and AJ read and napped on Sunday, I got some work done on the mural:



Meanwhile, Pickles made sure that her spot on the deck didn't get neglected:



It was a great visit, but so short! We can't wait until she returns for more fun!

This week, it's going to rain all weekend, so there will be no work on the mural. That's just as well -- I have a paper due on Tuesday, so I really should be focusing on that anyway. I think another couple of weekends of work and the mural should finally be done, though -- can't wait to get back to it!

2 comments:

  1. WAIT! You forgot to include details of our bumper pool game! I seem to remember I won....
    (For real, I miss everything! Wish I was still there....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I contract Pickles for her turndown-service skills?

    ReplyDelete