Monday, February 27, 2012

Snap Peas!

This weekend, Adrienne continued to work in the yard. I was out & about, so was not able to document it, but she was very busy digging, & hoeing, & weed-whacking. She also cleared a space for me to plant some snap peas in the backyard.

Peas go here, along the fence!

She was also kind enough to document the planting of the peas for us:

Me, heroically hoeing with one hand.


Digging little holes for my future pea plants.


Ready for peas!
The clover in the top right of the photo is what has been covering the whole yard, up until Adrienne got at it last week.


In it goes! Note the dirt on my fingers -- this is proof of my hard work.

Now I have to water them every day & try to resist digging them up to see what is happening in there. According to the packet, they should start poking through the dirt in another week or two, & then I have to wait a whole month before there are any peas to eat. It's a little ridiculous, in my opinion. I want peas now.

1 comment: